Welcome to the DIY promised here!
It all started with a bra! I chose one with a wide band, so it covered more skin.
Next I took about 15 craft string rolls. If attempting this yourself please don’t waste your time on this fine string, choose somethimg more substantial that will fall nicely. I found this string knotted easily, was hard to work with and didn’t fall like a fringe element should.
For the skirt I simply took two pieces of fabric, traced around a skirt that fit well, sewed the sides and put a long zipper down the back. For help with sewing zippers, try this.
I sewed a simple waist band from the same fabric, which goes on top of the fringe, holding it in place. I also used 4 single strings as straps, securing them with a needle and thread.
The dress turned out great, but because of the weird string, I may re-do it using the same method with thicker fringe.
If anyone tries this please send me a picture!!!
Thanks for stopping by,